Turn any Mac or iPad into a wireless second display
USB-C, HDMI, or Mini DisplayPort: Which Luna Display is right for you? → TAKE THE QUIZ
Mix and match devices
- Computer-to-iPad: Extend your Mac or PC desktop to iPad
- Computer-to-Mac: Use an extra Mac as a second display — works on older Macs too!
- Headless Mode: Use your Mac or iPad as the main display for Mac Mini or Mac Pro
Untether your workflow
- Connect over WiFi or USB
- Available for Mac and PC desktops
- Low-latency performance at 16 ms
- Crystal-clear image quality
- Full support for iPad touch gestures, Apple Pencil, and keyboards
- Plug in Luna: Insert Luna Display into your primary computer to get started.
- Launch the apps: Launch the free Luna companion apps on your primary and secondary devices.
- Connect! Luna will automatically connect your devices over your existing WiFi network or USB cable.
Before you buy
Please note, Luna does not work with adapters.
- System requirements for Luna Display →
- How to choose your Luna Display unit type (USB-C, HDMI, or mDP) →
- Take the quiz: Is Luna compatible with your setup? →
- International Customers: Orders outside of the U.S. may be subject to your country's import fees, duty, taxes and/ or brokerage fees. → Learn More
Your purchase includes:
- The Luna hardware unit (USB-C, HDMI, or Mini DisplayPort)
- Access to the Luna Display apps for desktop and iPad
- Luna Display is a one-time hardware purchase (no subscriptions!)
I had been using an Astropad subscription for a while for using my ipad as a tablet, but I didnt use it all the time so the fee was hard to justify, but this as a one-time purchase works well for my needs. I prefer to use it as a mirrored display ( like I did with astropad) but I have to set it up that way everytime i plug it in, so its just a little bit cumbersome. Overall great product. connects well, and has very little lag.
I still haven't received the moon display. Unfortunately my shipment was returned and I had to request another shipment.
I hope this time (after 2 months of waiting) I can receive my purchase.
Afterwards I will be happy to give you the minutes you request.
Setup has been relatively complicated for me - I’m no tech. But is working now + I’m able to use my new(er) Mac mini with my older Mac27 monitor which was the goal. There’s still a little sorting out which I hope to do with your help?
I started out with the Luna Display, only to discover that it would not work the way I needed it to. I have an old 17" iMac (2012: OS Mojave 10.14.6). There is nothing wrong with the computer, I just don't have room to have two 17" iMacs on my desk. Anyway, on that computer is old software that I can no longer access on my newer 17" iMac (2017: OS Ventura 13.3.1). I use that newer iMac on a daily basis for work that requires the latest OS, so it needs to have primary placement on my desk. I needed to be able to access the 2012 iMac on my 2017 iMac.
I was greatly disappointed when I found that the Luna Display device I originally purchased would not work. Luckily, I contacted Astropad for help! Their representative told me of another Luna device, the Luna Mini DisplayPort.
It works great! Sometimes it takes a little while for some things to work (like when I first start it, I cannot drag and drop), but after an undetermined length of time (I have not timed it), everything I have tried so far works. It is not as smooth as working directly on the 2012 iMac, but it is not so "unsmooth" as to be problematic, even in the graphic design software that I mainly use.
I have only had the Luna Mini DisplayPort for a short while, and it has already saved me time because of that easy access to my 2012 iMac!
Great product. I get to keep my 5k iMac as a 2nd monitor. Either my new M2 Mac Mini can't handle the 4k main and 5k iMac monitor combined or your software makes it a bit slow. Generally quite pleased though